Thursday, October 1, 2020

Autumn Has Arrived. In a Plague Year.

For the sake of blogging, the difficulty is that I have lost the compulsion to photograph everything I see.

Few photos make for not-very-interesting content?

My days consist of yard work (to clean up the autumn yard), housework (our area had a lot of road work done this summer=lots of dust). Sewing; it is good for me to sew on something regularly. Cooking.

We took a pleasant, three day camping trip last week--it's a bit cool, but with camping, we can avoid hotels, uncertain cleanliness and the Covid virus.  

We visited Chain O' Lakes State Park in Indiana. It is a nice place with lakes and hiking trails.

We had a real restaurant lunch: the first outing of this sort since February. In a small Indiana town.

We have not experienced any illness or contact with the Virus. We don't know anyone who had it, though we have second hand accounts.  We are "elderly", but with good health.

I don't worry about it; go regularly to grocery stores. It is difficult to go to the library since you have to make an appointment to visit.  So, I'm shopping my in-home library for items to read. I have visited my doctor, though have delayed a regularly scheduled screening.  Simply trying not to become a prisoner of the Thing, live our lives--but quietly.

The social unrest in the country scares me worse than the Virus. The social unrest is worse than anything encountered during the 1960's, I can say from having been there.

I think everyone is tired of it all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...