Thursday, February 25, 2021

Exciting Signs of Spring

 On morning walks the past days:

An entire flock of Cedar Wax Wings! These I haven't seen in our town for many years.

Yesterday, a pair of Red Bellied Woodpeckers seemed to be conversing--perhaps planning a nest and a family?  These birds are a bit raucous and don't seem to enjoy company. This pair were playing nicely, it seemed to me.

I'm glad to see the less common, "prettier" native species able to nest and raise families in our simple suburban area. 

A few years back, there was a nesting pair of Marsh Hawks with young in the nest at our nearby park.

At the local golf course--thick with large trees--I saw what appeared to be an adult Red Tail Hawk with a first year young tagging along. That was just a month or so ago, before it got so cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...