Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bees--My new mania

... on my Evening Primroses, another neat bee. I understand there are about 19,000 species of bees in the world; since I started growing perennial plants in my yard (inspired by the Big Garden Next Door and my garden growing heritage) I have noticed so many different varieties of insects and birds. If every home in pan-suburban America had a small corner of the yard for perennial plants, there would be so much more habitat for the many animals we could so easily nurture. From what I can see, this appears to be a common honey bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...