Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The photo doesn't do them justice...

...when we were in CA a few weeks ago, we had pizza slices for lunch at a little place on Main in Santa Monica (I can't find the name, but it's not Pizza Fusion). I had spinach, fontinella cheese and garlic. It was wonderful. At home, we have spinach ready to pick from the garden, so I made individual pita-pizzas for a quick supper one evening. I used kosher pitas; they are soft and fluffy. I topped each with a tsp or so of olive oil, a sprinkle of garlic powder ('cause I was in a hurry, you could use some garlic cloves). I added the spinach, previously cooked and drained well. Then I added the grated fontinella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to the top and put the pan of pitas into a pre-heated, 350-degree oven for about 12 minutes--till they looked like this. My camera was handy so I took a picture. My pan is real old, from 1970--it still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...