The photo doesn't do them justice...

...when we were in CA a few weeks ago, we had pizza slices for lunch at a little place on Main in Santa Monica (I can't find the name, but it's not Pizza Fusion). I had spinach, fontinella cheese and garlic. It was wonderful. At home, we have spinach ready to pick from the garden, so I made individual pita-pizzas for a quick supper one evening. I used kosher pitas; they are soft and fluffy. I topped each with a tsp or so of olive oil, a sprinkle of garlic powder ('cause I was in a hurry, you could use some garlic cloves). I added the spinach, previously cooked and drained well. Then I added the grated fontinella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to the top and put the pan of pitas into a pre-heated, 350-degree oven for about 12 minutes--till they looked like this. My camera was handy so I took a picture. My pan is real old, from 1970--it still works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhattan Beach CA...

A Book Best Read at Halloween!!

An Activity: "Making Mainbocher" Exhibit at the Chicago History Museum. (at last, something besides reading!)