Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Little Grains of Sand thru the Hour Glass...

...today, little Alice only wanted her Mommy to Play Chase, up and down the drive way--she'd have played all day if she could....    We have lived here since 1983, Alice GP's a few year more... Tho I didn't know Alice's Mommy when she was quite this little, she and her sibs were pretty small when we moved in.  So while I watched Alice's Mommy running up and down the drive, through the yard, hiding from her, laughing--Alice positively gleeful with all the fun, it was bittersweet with the shadows, echos and memories of the little children who used to play here, then. But are now Grown Up Adults.  Most of the time, I feel like Alice here--only with a very long memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...