Thursday, August 25, 2016

We Sheltered Two Black Swallow Tail Butterflies to Adulthood this Summer





It's easy to google the instructions for harboring these little souls. If you leave them on the dill plants in your garden, the birds will eat them. It is interesting to watch them change indoors, sheltered and fed with fresh dill gathered each day. It is like releasing your children, when it's time for them to go.

I hoped to harbor some Monarchs this summer, as well. But it was a weird year: I saw no caterpillars on my Milkweed plants at all. And hardly any Monarchs in the yard. (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...