Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Orlando Museum of Art in a Rain Storm: Something Besides Theme Parks

We spent the morning at the Orlando Museum of Art.

It is not too large, so easily toured in a leisurely morning. The museum owns a well rounded collection of older American landscape and portraits paintings, modern, Native American, African artifacts and special temporary installations.

We seem to enjoy discovering the 19th Century American regional painters of landscapes from the period. That seems to be our comfort level.

Then, it is interesting to stretch the boundaries with more modern pieces. I don't necessarily "like" this type of experience, but "making us think" is fine, too. Mostly, I think I like my old landscapes.
But certainly, I am willing to look at something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...