Tuesday, November 28, 2017

"Silent Voices" by Ann Cleeves: my introduction to Vera


"Silent Voices" is a routine British crime novel, set among the rural villages in the northeast part of the country.

Vera Stanhope is the Detective Inspector; she's not routine at all; of course she's brilliant, but rather like a female version of Columbo. Middle aged, overweight, under-styled with a failure to delegate chores of detective work to the appropriate subordinates.

There is a series of novels about her and her team. These have been adapted for TV; I have not been able to find the DVD's in my local library or else I would watch a season or tow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...