Monday, January 1, 2018

This was Us: the virus that stole Christmas!


First, Hubsy started getting sick on December 21. Classic flu symptoms: I got the flu shot recently, so thought I was safe to simply take care of him and go about the Holiday.

No, no. On Christmas Eve, I got the first "flu hints". Meanwhile, Hubsy was "near-death" with fever, cough, body aches, chills and all.  Soon, I would follow.

No way a houseful of guests would or should or could have Christmas Dinner at my house!

Dreadfully disappointing: in my life, this has never happened before (except for Christmas of 1960 when we all got sick in the midst of international air travel; nightmare indeed.)

The week crawled along in bleak boredom and misery.

We have mended, though still coughing. I have no appetite, etc. The past two frigid, clear mornings, I was able to go for short, shivering walks around the neighborhood.

Bright, crystalline weather helps. No one was out walking this morning; sad since it's so pretty.

The Marsh Hawk was perched on the ground beneath the bird feeder this morning, hoping for a bite of the vole that lives under the edge of our deck. But the bird saw me at the window and flew away. Too quick for a photo.

The New Year begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...