Thursday, September 20, 2018

Air B & B -- My new Enthusiasm!

Somewhere in the Eastern US
So far, our recreational travels took us exclusively in the US: National Parks, biking, camping, touring, visiting family, etc.

We camp sometimes, if weather, convenience and the activity suit. Or we stay in motels. Neither Hubsy nor I have any desire to tangle with RV's or trailer type camp-mobiles; one of the few things we completely agree about (along with not smoking). The price of on RV covers tons of motels, hotels and resorts, in my opinion.

Motels can be Heaven or Hell, like anything on the road. On the recent trip, we had two very nice ones and one Horror. And--gee, after all these years, motels are boring!

On a trip last May, we used a very economical Air B & B in NC-- we dipped our toes in the experience.  It worked very well, was novel and fun.

So this trip, we reserved rooms in both PA and NJ. Both were fun, safe and unique experiences.
We enjoyed vintage homes, nicely appointed and decorated by caring hosts. We met and enjoyed interacting with well-behaved pets. We met fellow-travelers from the US and India at one place.
The company (Air B&B) seems very good about vetting host and guests; the vigorous ratings of both parties seem to keep everyone on their best behavior--everyone wants a superior rating.

My goal was to select homes in neighborhoods similar to our own; the home above closely resembles our next door neighbors! We would rather go out for our own meals (breakfast), so I did not try to find that service. As a "senior citizen", I watch out for little irregular features, steps, minor hazards. (I can trip over my shadow). I'm pretty social, so can tend to get drawn into the hosts' worlds--that could be good or bad, I guess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...