Monday, December 2, 2019

It is time I move on... The Last Photo From Our Rome Adventure in May 2019


The scene, the graffiti, our kid--who was so generous with his time and expertise, to show us around the city.  We walked for miles and miles; that helped to define my understanding of the city's scene both modern and older.

For example, (I'm reading a biography of Gian Lorenzo Bernini) I learned that when Bernini discovered that his younger brother Luigi was having an affair with GL's mistress Costanza, he went nearly berserk, drew his sword and chased his brother---raging and thrashing with the sword---all the way from the Vatican to Santa Maria Maggiore!  Passersby, including the police, were brushed aside.   I picture a vision of Johnny Depp playing Capt. Jack Sparrow!

We walked the area and distance of that route, so my understanding was fresh and real.

We squeezed every drop of adventure from the 2 weeks our visit. Most precious, we spent more time with our younger son than since he was in high school. Even better.   If only our older son and his wife had been with us.

I'm still obsessed with all things Roman; I'm on my third or fourth history book related to the city. More about those as time proceeds.

I want to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...