Monday, November 9, 2020

I Don't Like Autumn

The season has lovely aspects, without a doubt: bright colored leaves, riotous hues.

But I find that the decline of year, the chilling of the weather (though refreshing at times), the Halloween holiday is not my favorite-it was about fun and kids in costumes, excited about candy; now the decorations are quite morbid. The decreasing daylight--the sun is so low in the sky.


 However, after December 21, the light slowly begins to return, the days seem to lengthen. Somehow, immediately, just after Christmas, I feel better, more hopeful. I always look forward to garden activities, the plans to start the seeds. Soon you begin to hear the birds--cardinals and chickadees--tweeting their "spring songs".   It just feels so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...