Thursday, September 19, 2013

Not Such a Thrilling Thriller....

Tho I'm upgrading the computer, I can still relate my findings about the novel I just finished. I have read no other books by Dan Fesperman, but the relatively recent spy thriller, "The Double Game" was not very good. The premise was, a journalist (currently working unhappily in PR in Washington DC) becomes involved resurrecting clues to a Cold War spy network inwhich his own father (a State Dept. officer) and himself (as a child-pawn) is implicated. Old spy novels' plots are used as clues. It was flat, complicated, lacked compelling characters; I like to finish books I start to read--this was a challenge to wade thru. I love a good LeCarre novel--this was tepid by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...