Monday, November 18, 2013

Interesting Stops Along the Route....

I'm on my way back to work, after an early morning errand. I headed east on Lake, where I noticed the authentic, old time store front. Further on, after I turned south on Wells St., I reacquainted myself with this old, 1870's relic. Must have been built just after the Chicago Fire in 1871. Happily, it appears that the building was renovated and restored. A few years ago it was a wreck! I like that the renovation went so nicely in the lobby. There are few of those old "pre-skyscraper" buildings left; I'm obsessed with them. I wish I could get inside the lobby, but mainly the buildings are locked to outsiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haha--another kind of mask

One of our home grown potatoes seemed to smile at me as it was readied for cook pot.