Monday, November 18, 2013

Interesting Stops Along the Route....

I'm on my way back to work, after an early morning errand. I headed east on Lake, where I noticed the authentic, old time store front. Further on, after I turned south on Wells St., I reacquainted myself with this old, 1870's relic. Must have been built just after the Chicago Fire in 1871. Happily, it appears that the building was renovated and restored. A few years ago it was a wreck! I like that the renovation went so nicely in the lobby. There are few of those old "pre-skyscraper" buildings left; I'm obsessed with them. I wish I could get inside the lobby, but mainly the buildings are locked to outsiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...