Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Cleaning up our eating patterns?


In recent days, we arrived home from a three-week trip to the Pacific Northwest, etc. It gave us time to break some less healthy eating habits. I was able to "kick"diet Pepsi, for example; it does not seem appetizing to me.

I met a lady, aged about 75, who brimmed with vibrant health, eager for active sports and very energetic. She swears by cutting out gluten. (which means bread, most of the time.)

Another person I met minimizes sugar and starch, making sure to get enough protein and "good" fats.

The example shown above is a "grain bowl", which I imitated from a recipe in a magazine: a little oatmeal, some wilted garden greens, maybe a sauteed tomato, a fried egg and some garnish. It's tasty.

Can't give up coffee. Don't ask me too!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this grain bowl sounds delicious. I think I could give up bread, I am not so sure about my hubby though. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...