Sunday, October 23, 2016

Happy Birthday, Mother

Among the photos and letters discovered among my late Uncles possessions, I found this never-before-seen photo of Mother, taken early 1940's. The location was outside the family's Cincinnati home on Mt. Auburn.

She would have been "early 20's", maybe in college or working at her first job at Kroger's food labs in Cincinnati. She was a dietitian. Soon she would join the Army. Everyone was joining up, including all the date-able young men, or "fellows", as she called them.

She told me much later, she did not intend to "spend the war taste-testing strawberry jam at Kroger's".
Way to go, Mother! Europe was where she met and married my Dad in 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...