Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Roanoke VA April 19, 2011--The Noon Hour...

 ...skipping forward to my favorite action shots; yesterday walked the length and breadth of Roanoke's downtown (while Hubs' was at the Transportation Museum). Mainly, I photographed the old buildings, some of which will follow. But I saw these two smooth criminals clattering down the sidewalk on their 'boards, looking so cute and stupid with the tops of their panties showing....snap!
...as I followed our little dudes, this perfect and touching pair appeared. I love his gentle hand on her arm, his watchful eye on the traffic and likely her X-ray file and her red purse in his other hand. High Drama when you're in your 80's! I hope they got home alright; the enormous contrast between the frivolity and energy of healthy youth and the utter seriousness of great age. I'm somewhere in the middle, but I can see both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...