Saturday, February 13, 2010

Just finished reading a neat book...

"My Parents Went Through the Holocaust and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" (the author, Hanala Stadner, illustrates the book jacket with a drawing of a screaming little girl in a striped concentration camp-style shirt). Where's my camera? This story could make into a darling movie, if handled correctly. Her other illustrations, throughout the book, were quite entertaining, as well. There's a lot goin' on in this book: child of 'survivors memoir, baby-boomer autobio., addiction (food, TV then drugs and drinks) and recovery testament and most of all....I remember Mama. Good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...