Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Starlings are God's Miracles too....

...sigh...I guess. They look like giant monsters as they shred the suet cake with their strong, pincher-like beaks; they carry off large broken chunks of suet and seed, furtively, to some distant limb. Here, Heckle and Jeckle (yes, i know they were crows) are actually arguing with one another about who gets the free food; what I object to is that starlings are perfectly happy and able to get down on the lawn and root out those delicious (for them) and troublesome (for me) grubs! So I tapped on the window and they left for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...