Saturday, April 24, 2010

Another little Science Experiment...

...last summer, I hybridized all the daylilies in the yard, in all different "crosses"; had good sucess producing seeds. Before that, I hybridized all my bearded irises, as well; with limited results--only a couple of the "crosses" produced seeds. But I Googled around and found some simple instructions to get the seeds ready to grow. (Basically, you just plant them in a bed or a big pot in soil and leave them outside at the mercy of the elements all winter and wait a while til they germinate.) I was just about to conclude this wasn't going to work, or my seeds weren't viable when up they popped a week ago. You have a wait about two years before you learn what flowers you have helped along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Swore I would Not View Yellowstone Through the Lense of my Camera..

However, I did take a few evocative, misty photos of some bison and early September snow at the Park.