Friday, September 23, 2011

Hummingbirds, finally....


...no, I don't have any photos. But today, there were two in the yard. At this point in the season, the yard is a bit of a mess--the sunflowers are for the goldfinches to eat and I don't care what they look like, since sometimes I count perhaps a dozen little yellow and olive colored birds chowing on the seeds and getting drinks at the birdbath. I leave all the "nectar" flowers alone for the bees and birds. As the season gets colder, the hummingbirds stops for a spell to eat and rest before continuing on to warmers weather--I've never seen more than one at a time. They must be telling their friends about the nice restaurants we have here on our little street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haha--another kind of mask

One of our home grown potatoes seemed to smile at me as it was readied for cook pot.