Friday, September 23, 2011

Hummingbirds, finally....


...no, I don't have any photos. But today, there were two in the yard. At this point in the season, the yard is a bit of a mess--the sunflowers are for the goldfinches to eat and I don't care what they look like, since sometimes I count perhaps a dozen little yellow and olive colored birds chowing on the seeds and getting drinks at the birdbath. I leave all the "nectar" flowers alone for the bees and birds. As the season gets colder, the hummingbirds stops for a spell to eat and rest before continuing on to warmers weather--I've never seen more than one at a time. They must be telling their friends about the nice restaurants we have here on our little street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...