Friday, November 18, 2011

My Brand New Best Friend....

 The Red-Bellied Woodpecker returned again yesterday at least twice during the bright, sunny day, so I was able to enjoy the glowing warm orangy-red of it's head, the precise, tailored patterns of it's wings...

...much better that the last photo I took, on a brief fly-by a year or so ago in the grey snow. "Goodness, he certainly brightens up my day!" exclaimed Grandma.... Bird watching is much cooler than it sounds but I always feel like a dusty old fossil when I talk about it.

...Here's his rear-end as he jumped off the feeder, spread his strong wings, caught the air and swooped away across the yard. Today, the bird was back about half-a-dozen times; must like this restaurant! I'm so happy!  It wants to be a CameraCritter, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...