My Brand New Best Friend....

 The Red-Bellied Woodpecker returned again yesterday at least twice during the bright, sunny day, so I was able to enjoy the glowing warm orangy-red of it's head, the precise, tailored patterns of it's wings...

...much better that the last photo I took, on a brief fly-by a year or so ago in the grey snow. "Goodness, he certainly brightens up my day!" exclaimed Grandma.... Bird watching is much cooler than it sounds but I always feel like a dusty old fossil when I talk about it.

...Here's his rear-end as he jumped off the feeder, spread his strong wings, caught the air and swooped away across the yard. Today, the bird was back about half-a-dozen times; must like this restaurant! I'm so happy!  It wants to be a CameraCritter, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhattan Beach CA...

A Book Best Read at Halloween!!

We Took Her to Keeneland...The Racecourse of Lexington,