Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another Rail Museum...


 The museum's project is to restore this old car. It's rare. This is an especially designed and built sleeper car used during WWII for the transportation of military troops. Since the cars were built on box car frames, after the war, most were turned back into box cars and eventually scrapped. So this 70 year old relic is one of just a few to survive.

I learn so much I would not pick up otherwise by going to rail-related venues with Hubs. And he is like a 9 year old kid when he's around this old stuff.  (yeah, I know.)  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...