Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lost Girls....in Sailor Suits

With a death in the family, we find ourselves delving into the boxes, albums and files of ancient family photos, looking for pictures of the deceased for the memorial service, etc. While I'm at it, this time, I am labeling everything as to identity, time location.  These two pretty girls from Kentucky the early 1900's, I cannot place at all. (Well, not that I would actually recognize them.) Like as not, they are photos of the some friends of my Grandmother. But I wish people had labeled their photos, back in the day. I love the "retro-sewing" look of the fresh, new daring bathing dress of the girl above. The lower picture maybe a school uniform dress. Wish I knew who they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...