l Remember this Rustic Event...


A nice warm summer day in 1951; the activity was to move an outbuilding from one of my Grandfather's pieces of farmland in Northern Kentucky to another, just down the road. I was 3; probably I was not permitted to ride the trailer with the others, since I don't appear to be in this photo. Probably, my Grandfather took the photo and I was with him as the photo was taken. At some point during the operation I did get to ride for a short way with my Mother and my cousin (who looks to be about 5). A local farmer drove the tractor and his son helped out.   Last summer we located and visited that young man--who now looks exactly like his Dad did then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhattan Beach CA...

A Book Best Read at Halloween!!

We Took Her to Keeneland...The Racecourse of Lexington,