Friday, June 28, 2019

Trastevere--Part 2--Scenes from the Piazzo San Cosimato



A place to shop for produce...


and other groceries at the local Todis Supermercati, just down the next block


People to watch at all times of day and night




The temperature was in the 60's (F) mainly; it usually felt humid to me. I have read that in Ancient Roman times, the climate was warmer. I was startled to see the Romans usually all wrapped up in long pants, sleeves, jackets, even coats and scarves! We, in short sleeves and on the warm side, at that.


I have read that Italy's birthrate is so low that the population is declining. Yet, there were kids everywhere! Literally, day and night, strolling with parents, playing in the park.  Regularly, I would see little girls with toy doll carriages, wheeling their dollies, just like the stylish little girl above.
I don't believe little girls in the 'States play with such toys anymore? The kids on the plaza played wildly on the playground and on bikes, toy cars, skates, skate boards. Not a helmet in sight; just like my childhood.


From the hospital, an elderly nursing sister aids a man not much older than herself.


This handsome guy. And his pigeon. Thank Goodness he didn't bring it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...