Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Casserole...after the turkey sandwiches, but before the soup...


I'm sure somebody thought of this before me, but I've never seen a recipe anywhere. I started making these about 20 years ago. It varies from year to year, of course. Just construct a casserole of leftovers from your Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, mashed potatos, stuffing, peas/green beans/carrots; a little left-over gravy to moisten.
Sprinkle crumbed corn bread on top, if you have some. Bake at 350-degrees for 40 minutes to heat it thru. Tonight we had little portions, along with a simple green salad---almost healthy again....well, we did finish the pumpkin pie....

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...