Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Sculpture....

..on the grounds of the St. Louis Art Museum in St. Louis, MO. for Scenic Sunday. The thoughtful comments of visitors encouraged me to investigate further: it's made of stainless steel, it was commissioned by the Museum in 2004. The artist is Roxy Paine; it's called Placebo. I took the photo since the sun was shining brightly on the metal--the effect was lost in the photo, mostly. (Nikon-operator error, likely). The work is not, generally, my "type" of favorite art, but it prompted discussion.

2 comments:

  1. looks like a dead tree to me but I guess it's a sculpture of a tree then? Old dead trees are very sculptural

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya 4b,
    Good idea that. Nice shape.
    I saw a blue (painted) dead tree the other day. This is better.

    ReplyDelete

I Swore I would Not View Yellowstone Through the Lense of my Camera..

However, I did take a few evocative, misty photos of some bison and early September snow at the Park.