Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Bug Hunt...

...Flower-Girl enlists the help of Blonde Guy on one of her legendary catch-and-release Bug Hunts. She and I, earlier, were lucky to catch the show as a cicada emerged from it's crispy brown shell. She knew about the shells, of course--the kids chase one another around with them all the time--but now she's seen the process. She knows, too, that the cicadas make the screaming noise we hear this time of year. I've also been teaching her how to hybridize the daylilies; she will receive several of my "crosses" from last summer to plant in her yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...