Thursday, February 17, 2011
The Sensations of Spring...
...the photos are grey, with dirty snow and brown grass; you probably have that where you are. But I will tell you that each day, a Goldfinch looks more yellow, a Cardinal sings a springtime song and I see parades of acrobatically nimble squirrels, the females dashing away from squads of mating-frenzied males! This morning, we opened the back door and were hit with powerful "eau de skunk"; my theory is female skunk views the mating-frenzy as an unwanted nuisance or threat--so likely turns and sprays a faceful of scent on her male pursuer. Handy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different
My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...
-
The Official First Flower of the Growing Season 2010--the chilly, bloodless snow-drop tentatively peeps up, through the crust of bird-seed ...
-
This raucous bird looks like a Fish Crow I miss these small lizards and their antics, now that I am home in Illinois
-
We spent the morning at the Orlando Museum of Art. It is not too large, so easily toured in a leisurely morning. The museum owns a well ...
No comments:
Post a Comment