Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

...the columbines were in bloom when we returned; it's so cool and damp around here that they are still in good shape after almost 2 weeks. Mostly, I just scatter a packet or two of commercial seed around my partially sunny front yard as per instructions from my garden-guru next door. This seems to work fine. Also, I rescued some large plants with robust purple blooms which were in the path of a landscaping project. That was several years ago; the plants came back the next year very well and have re-seeded vigorously. Columbines, virginia bluebells and ferns give the front yard a deep-woodsy, wild feel that I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhattan Beach CA...

A Book Best Read at Halloween!!

We Took Her to Keeneland...The Racecourse of Lexington,