Sunday, May 16, 2010

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

...the columbines were in bloom when we returned; it's so cool and damp around here that they are still in good shape after almost 2 weeks. Mostly, I just scatter a packet or two of commercial seed around my partially sunny front yard as per instructions from my garden-guru next door. This seems to work fine. Also, I rescued some large plants with robust purple blooms which were in the path of a landscaping project. That was several years ago; the plants came back the next year very well and have re-seeded vigorously. Columbines, virginia bluebells and ferns give the front yard a deep-woodsy, wild feel that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...