Saturday, August 14, 2010

Reading and Listening...

...I have reached a convenient resting place in the novel "King Jesus" written in the mid-1940's by Robert Graves. This is an ancient-world thriller with a plot as controversial as "The Da Vinci Code" with the added attraction of being written by a great English poet. I will pick it up again later.
Meanwhile, I'm listening to "The Constant Princess" by Philippa Gregory (the unabridged Books on Tape version from my public library. It's been too hot around here to walk outside for exercise, but I listen while I am preparing supper. I have also read "The Other Boleyn Girl" by the same author; I liked it well enough to decline the film. This author certainly has an entertaining way with the re-telling of stories of the Tudor Era; I notice she also has books on figures from The War of the Roses and other periods of British history.
There will be another Barbb-jailbreak soon; (no, I'm no under house arrest, it just feels that way). But there will be new photo material soon--sorely needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...