Saturday, August 28, 2010

Barbb's Own "Star Sighting"!!


...the Museum had an "over-flow" lot: 5-6 acres of old equipment owned but not yet restored. Truth is, by this time, I was "all trained out" for the day. So, I'm lagging behind, beginning to understand all the children who are NOT well-behaved; suddenly I notice a nice looking young man with a lethal-looking macro-lens aimed a couple of inches at the side of an old car. So I decide to go pester him for a while; turns out he's colin winterbottom, who does mysterious, unexpected visions of DC, NY and other cities.
He appreciates corrosion patterns, producing masterful compositions with that powerful lens. I can't wait to see what he does with these lovely shades of red, rose and rust. He was very nice, considering the interruption; what I learned was not to give up: if he hadn't been working on the red car, I may have missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...