Sunday, August 15, 2010

An Elegant Do-it-Yourself Project...


...a mosaic birdbath specially crafted as a gift for the Gardener Next Door. This is really pretty! A flower pot forms the base and large pottery saucer is the basin.
The maker of the project used a special skill: while she was teaching for a year in Italy awhile back, she took a class in the art of tiling. I love the colors of the terra cotta and blue glass against the greenery and flowers of the garden. Also, I like the look of the bits of tile--like broken china dishes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, This would look great in my garden. My grandchildren actually made me mosaic stepping stones for my birthday. (They are craftier than I am!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to learn how to make this. It's a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this interesting photo
    very nice Birdbath

    Have a nice week,
    Greetings, Bram

    My WordPress Blog

    Seen om My World Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty. the colours complement each other perfectly.
    it's also unusual to see the 'tiles' instead of irregular broken pieces.

    ReplyDelete

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...