Saturday, August 7, 2010

Why Blog? (Intellectual Again)

....Facilitate Lifetime Learning--this is really important! For example, quite by chance one day last fall, I saw this unusual (to me) spider; had the Nikon close by so I snatched the pic. A peek at the internet revealed it is a Cross Orbweaver or Cross Spider, likely looking for a place to dump a few dozen eggs under my front stoop! But who cares? I like spiders and they are great little insect vacuum-cleaners. (the exception is the Brown Recluse Spider which is venomous). With the Blog always hungry for new material, I had a perfect excuse to learn more about one of the other creatures in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

At the Denver Museum of Art...

Fascinating exhibit about the artistic ceremonial masks and cloaks styled by ancient and more modern Tribal people of the ...