Saturday, August 7, 2010

Why Blog? (Intellectual Again)

....Facilitate Lifetime Learning--this is really important! For example, quite by chance one day last fall, I saw this unusual (to me) spider; had the Nikon close by so I snatched the pic. A peek at the internet revealed it is a Cross Orbweaver or Cross Spider, likely looking for a place to dump a few dozen eggs under my front stoop! But who cares? I like spiders and they are great little insect vacuum-cleaners. (the exception is the Brown Recluse Spider which is venomous). With the Blog always hungry for new material, I had a perfect excuse to learn more about one of the other creatures in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...