Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Really, It was Just an Excuse to Enjoy the Sunshine...

 ...I rambled thru the yard with the camera on Monday afternoon, recording what may have been our last warm and sunny day for a while...

...most of what was left of the garden produce was brought in already, the sky was cloudless, deep and blue; the sun was comfortingly warm....

...one of the neighbors' hydrangea plants was showing lovely tones as it prepared to sleep for the North American winter to come....

 ...my own front door, viewed from a romantically unfamiliar angle. This pine tree on our right is likely to be our Christmas tree in a couple of months. It has gotten so big I can't work around it in that corner of the yard with out getting stuck by pine needles--I seem to be allergic.....

...Winter...It's On! Yesterday, the first juncos were seen in the yard, so we are committed now. The feeders are hung up and our little birdy well-fare clients are lined up for their meals. The deal is, we feed them and they entertain us with their antics all winter. Pretty good trade if you ask me. I should add, these are Goldfinches at the feeder, not the juncos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...