Sunday, October 30, 2011

Say Hello to the Great Pumpkin!

 ...the effect is pretty good. Colorful 12-pack boxes of soda, like Sunkist orange, Dr. Pepper, etc...

 ...found in the Dominicks grocery store in Mt. Prospect, Ill. It's been done before, but it looks pretty cool in person...
...as a Happy Halloween to myself, I finally read "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" and "Rip Van Winkle" by Washington Irving; both certainly entertaining yarns. Don't stay up late with the rest of the essays in the Sketchbook, tho! No, they are not scary, they seem trite and contrived! I like to finish books I've started, but I could not with this. Currently, I'm high and dry with nothing to read that I'm loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...