Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quilt Show, with Friends...

 ...L'il Pearl's Mom, Lady R and I met Alice at an extensive quilt showing in Lake County, IL today. Alice adapted and made the "griffin" quilt; the photo doesn't quite do it justice...

...stories behind the various quilts were fascinating: this was among my favorities of the day. Coordinated "sale bin" fabric was purchased by the maker with no plan of what she would do with it. Quite soon, she got an idea and was working on this lap sized quilt with a few days... this seemed fresh and original to me.

...I left full of inspiration and a camera full of photos on a pleasantly lovely Autumn day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...