Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wild Life in the Kitchen....

... it's fall, so the spiders want to come in and get comfy for the winter. Generally, I don't mind this. Spiders are helpful, as they eat insects and one another; they are interesting and educational, since whenever I see one, I take a picture, Google the description, ID the thing and learn about it. This is likely a Yellow Sac Spider, among the most common found in the home. Unfortunately, these spiders have a necrotic venom and are believed to be responsible for most common spider bites to human.  So, next time I see one in the house, I guess I need to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Swore I would Not View Yellowstone Through the Lense of my Camera..

However, I did take a few evocative, misty photos of some bison and early September snow at the Park.