Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wild Life in the Kitchen....

... it's fall, so the spiders want to come in and get comfy for the winter. Generally, I don't mind this. Spiders are helpful, as they eat insects and one another; they are interesting and educational, since whenever I see one, I take a picture, Google the description, ID the thing and learn about it. This is likely a Yellow Sac Spider, among the most common found in the home. Unfortunately, these spiders have a necrotic venom and are believed to be responsible for most common spider bites to human.  So, next time I see one in the house, I guess I need to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...