Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Skateboard Rebels....

  In Roanoke VA at high noon on a crowded sidewalk, I captured this pair clattering along; how old? high school? It's like they have ritual uniforms they wear: hats on backwards, undies hanging out, jeans torn just so...a subculture?
    Truth is, I enjoy watching skateboard sporting events on TV, tho my attention span is limited to just a few minutes. On a recent walk, I detoured slightly to have a look at our local "renegades in training" over at Blogburg's own specially crafted skatepark. Our Blonde Guy and his friends spent much of middle-school and early high' just after the park was built, cruising these very hills and valleys, in search of purpose...
...and possibly skateboard girls?.... It was a chill-ish day, so the kids were covered up more. Moments from Spring 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...