Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wish I'd taken a few More Photos...

 ...since I visited last, there are many additions, including a place were old farm implements and other 19th century bits are collecting. This is an old sawmill, Uncle R told me. Probably, these will end up in a future exhibit.
Originally, the farm was the home of the Kennicutt family, early settlers to our area. Their son, Robert, was an early pioneer explorer of Alaska; he died there at age 30 in 1865.  But his life was well documented in a new archive building with his collections and writings. He was picturesque and a little strange. I'm surprised there's not a movie about him. A replica of his skull is in the archive building--the original is in the Smithsonian, they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Swore I would Not View Yellowstone Through the Lense of my Camera..

However, I did take a few evocative, misty photos of some bison and early September snow at the Park.