Monday, May 30, 2011

A Mini-Zoo at The Grove's Nature Center...

 
The large building is styled like an old-fashioned Alaskan log house, in honor of Robert Kennicutt's time exploring Alaska. As you enter, there is a large, low rectangular water feature that provides a habitat for dozens of turtles....little kids love this.

Cage after cage, each with it's own snake variety.
  This exhibit shows "the before picture" of the home-grown "snakes' dinner", I'm afraid. Perhaps the mice reproduce faster than the snakes can eat them? Good Grief, it's a jungle! I don't know if the little kids who delight in watching the mice (and newborn mice) understand this.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your nice comment. I had to laugh, no SHRIEK, at your blog post. I'm soooooooooo afraid of snakes and mice. Lord help me! HA
    V

    ReplyDelete

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...