Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Love Furniture Projects....

...a few weeks back, we had plentiful rains; some were so generous that basements flooded. It's a time honored Chicago-land tradition; all the water soaked furniture gets kicked to the curb. Not even the Amigos take some of it. ( I use the word, since it means "friends"with pick up trucks who take stuff away, informal recyclers). The pile was high at the house across the street, and I found this little stool and two older wooden kitchen chairs. I sanded and primed with BIN Primer. I used the same old "off-white-bone" semi-gloss interior acrylic I used on the Lingerie Chest earlier in the summer. I purchased a whole quart of Martha Stewart Living Hummingbird Blue semi-gloss interior acrylic from 'Depot. (This will be my "go-to" color for a while.) Later in the fall, when it's too cold to work outside, I will paint a design on the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...