Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Random Photos from The Reunion Weekend...

 Council Bluffs, IA downtown, early Friday morning; they have cute squirrel statues in the park..

 ...and bright blue park benches...

 ...above and below, examples of the inspirations for the statuary....it's hot already so the brown squirrel is flattened against the tree trunk to stay cooler...


 ...butterflies on cone flowers in Omaha, before we went to the IMAX...

 ...painted-lady building in Beatrice, NE.  The downtown appeared more prosperous than I expected, I'm happy to say...

 ...a recent renovation in Beatrice, now looking for a purpose.... sign on one empty storefront said "I'm not empty, I'm full of possibilities"....

 ..."soul swiping", again; couldn't resist the unfortunate looking pair, along with tiny child and another on the way. Sometimes I just can't stop myself from grabbing a shot of human situational dramas in public. Manhattan, KS main business street.  Otherwise, Manhattan is Booming, by all appearances, with the usual economic anchors including K-State, nearby Fort Riley. Good Grief, "Plum Island" is moving here!! (Usually I'm not inclined to be a NIMBY, but I'd have to think about this one......)

 ...seldom or never do we see toads in our area, since the winters are so cold...here's a big fat one in KS.

...the restored livery stable at Old Abilene Town..... That's about it. What will we do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...