Friday, August 26, 2011

Stop Everything!...Vicarious-Thrills Star Sighting from the GardenNextDoor...

...Here at the 'Blog, we know the Gardener well, so here's the story of her great-niece, a slender wisp of a lovely teenage girl whose beauty and range of appearance is advancing her a career as an international fashion model!  Since it's a "family affair", I won't mention her name just yet but will follow her progress.  She reminds me of Jean Shrimpton, super-model of the 1960's, with maybe a dash of Jackie O as well!     For me, it's fun to watch my Gardener Friend discover the tinselly world of pop-culture: she's a Real Scientist by profession, People. She knows about Power Plants and Environmental Issues and Regs & Stuff. Makes my nose bleed.  As a teenager, when I was glued to my next issue of Seventeen, she was acing Chemistry. She does worthy projects for her church, likes classical music, gardens with finesse--a true intellectual, in other words; but So enthusiastic about a recent (international) Vogue magazine, when she showed me her niece's "cover" and a color fashion spread within! (It's about the kids, I'm thrilled for her, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...