Friday, June 17, 2011

Bloggsy's Been Reading the Crafter-Blog Genre...

...secretly, I've always felt my mission on earth is to rescue cast-off wooden furniture from the garbage dump...somehow I am to fix these items and give them "new life". This makes no sense, but finally this summer, with inspiration from several creative-crafty blogs, I decided, The Clock is Ticking and I better get this out of my system...
...Hubsy found these two chests (I think they are lingerie chests) reposing on a curb outside some old place in Wilmette, waiting for the amigos-with-salvage-trucks to come by. The first chest is nearly finished, tho it took much sanding and priming, more sanding. I purchased and now own a tack cloth. I feel like such a carpenter!! Then there was painting and more sanding; presently I am finishing the top with a uniquely individual design which will capture the essence of early summer, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...