Bloggsy's Been Reading the Crafter-Blog Genre...

...secretly, I've always felt my mission on earth is to rescue cast-off wooden furniture from the garbage dump...somehow I am to fix these items and give them "new life". This makes no sense, but finally this summer, with inspiration from several creative-crafty blogs, I decided, The Clock is Ticking and I better get this out of my system...
...Hubsy found these two chests (I think they are lingerie chests) reposing on a curb outside some old place in Wilmette, waiting for the amigos-with-salvage-trucks to come by. The first chest is nearly finished, tho it took much sanding and priming, more sanding. I purchased and now own a tack cloth. I feel like such a carpenter!! Then there was painting and more sanding; presently I am finishing the top with a uniquely individual design which will capture the essence of early summer, I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhattan Beach CA...

A Book Best Read at Halloween!!

We Took Her to Keeneland...The Racecourse of Lexington,