Wednesday, June 8, 2011

There Was No Restaurant or Tavern in the Community...


....at Trail's end. (Just south of the Kankakee River, which is bigger than you think!). At the end of the road we asked the worn out middle-aged lady; there was nothing. But near the house that needed painting and the junked cars and the discarded plastic toys, I saw these lovely lilies--ok, the clump needs dividing--but it was vibrant. So I complimented her and she beamed, and looked better. I asked if I could take a photo and she was delighted. Her Dad planted them many years before......a gardening moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...