Friday, June 10, 2011

An Old Woman's Game....

 ...collecting and arranging, nurturing and trading: Hostas give us something to do after the children have left...
 ...when we travel in late spring, we can visit nurseries in other communities and buy novel varieties...
 ....I don't know all the names of mine; when I started collecting, I didn't save the plastic ID tags....
 ...I have a lot of shade in the front yard. Grass doesn't do well. So it's a fantasy forest for hostas...
 ...the Gardener gave me the one above....
 ....this one is called Forest Fire, I think...
....unless things get too busy around here, I may try to hybridize some of these this season. Are you still awake?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...