Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Reading...

...drifting from book to book lately, but finally settled on "Colonel Roosevelt" by Edmund Morris. It is very well written, a pleasure to read. Who knew TR was a writer of many books? So I trotted off to my local public learning palace (aka the new library uptown) to look for a book actually written by TR; I found "The Adventures of Theodore Roosevelt" which is a collection of various writings. AND accidentally, while gazing at the titles on a nearby shelf, I found a 1988 book "Desperate Journeys and Abandoned Souls: True Stories of Castaways and Other Survivors" by Edward E. Leslie. If you like Pirates of the Caribbean, you will love this book! It starts with accounts of 15th-16th Century sailors, survivors of wrecked ships and others marooned by their shipmates, and explains how they survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haha--another kind of mask

One of our home grown potatoes seemed to smile at me as it was readied for cook pot.