Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Reading...

...drifting from book to book lately, but finally settled on "Colonel Roosevelt" by Edmund Morris. It is very well written, a pleasure to read. Who knew TR was a writer of many books? So I trotted off to my local public learning palace (aka the new library uptown) to look for a book actually written by TR; I found "The Adventures of Theodore Roosevelt" which is a collection of various writings. AND accidentally, while gazing at the titles on a nearby shelf, I found a 1988 book "Desperate Journeys and Abandoned Souls: True Stories of Castaways and Other Survivors" by Edward E. Leslie. If you like Pirates of the Caribbean, you will love this book! It starts with accounts of 15th-16th Century sailors, survivors of wrecked ships and others marooned by their shipmates, and explains how they survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...