Friday, July 15, 2011

What the Camera Saw Today....

...the vegetable garden produces greens, beets, peas and snap peas at the moment. Edamames will be a while yet, but we love them and Hubs' planted a lot....
...today is the Gardener-Next-Door's Birthday. She and her Hubs are celebrating with her "near" daughter's family today--the twins will get chocolate cake again....also, just behind their picnic table, you can see that the new rain garden is doing very well. If we'd ever get any rain....
...Hubsy helped me finish my table restoration project by re-engineering the attachment of the holder for the detachable legs: he thinks the original fixture was not well done and the reason the table top split in the first place....
 ...so here it is. It's child-sized; it was likely used as a small coloring table in the 1920's or '30's.
 ...here's how it looks with the legs stowed in the holder. I love the robin's egg blue color of the original paint and the wear marks; I simply cleaned them, lightly rubbed them with fine steel wool, used the tack cloth and coated with clear polyurethane....
...here's the table top in all it's cute-ness. I bleached and after that tried TSP to remove stains. No luck. I had thought the stains were mold and mildew. My current theory is that some hapless little person, 75 years ago, may have upset a bottle of ink. The stain just beneath the medallion is rusty red--maybe the kid's blood after his mom murdered him! (lol, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Remember Dad's 103rd Birth Anniversary, Something Different

 My Grandparents on my Dad's side were both "bonus babies", kids who were born to much older parents, long after they expected...